2 heaped dessert spoons cocoa
1 cup flour
1/3 cup hot water
1/2 cup sugar
5 tablespoons oil
1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
4 eggs (separated)
1. Mix cocoa the with hot water until dissolved then leave to cool.
2. Mix the dry ingredients: flour, sugar and baking powder.
3. Make a hole in the middle of the mixture and add oil, egg yolk and cocoa mixture. Mix well.
4. Beat egg whites hard and gradually add 1/3 cup of sugar. Keep mixing until it becomes as if it were for meringues.
5. Join mixtures, mix likely. Put into pan without greasing it.
6. Bake for 40 – 60 minutes.
You can this cake with any icing really, it goes really well with a Chocolate Custard though 😉
This recipe is one of my mom’s classics